Oh, to be thirteen again.
Just when I thought I was the only one struggling to carve out some time to write every day, along comes this sweet, thirteen-year-old asking for my advice on how to stay motivated. What an encouragement for me.
I offered a humble reply and then lo and behold I discovered sitting in my inbox an email from Ali Luke at Aliventures. She had sent me an EBook, “How to Find Time for Your Writing.”Below are 10 tips I gleaned from Ali’s EBook.
- Your writing does matter
- Make it a priority
- Remember when you write you’re honing your skills
- Establish a steady routine
- Keep a log
- Carve out 30 minutes a day
- Write out your short and long-term goals
- Find a quiet spot to write
- Be prepared for distractions
- Take time to reflect on how great you felt when you sat down to write
I encourage all who read my blog to email firstname.lastname@example.org to receive your “FREE” copy.
I would love to know what your secret is on carving out time to write.